Sunday, February 28, 2010

Daily Inspirations 2-28-10

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Of course inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

-- Groucho Marx


"A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs--
jolted by every pebble in the road."

-- Henry Ward Beecher


"Humor is perhaps a sense of intellectual perspective:
an awareness that some things are really important, others not;
and that the two kinds are most oddly jumbled in everyday affairs."

-- Christopher Morley


There is absolutely nothing so grand as laughter. Some times I laugh so hard that I lose my breath. I want to laugh more like that. I try to find laughter in every day.

If you want to know the healing power of laughter, read Norman Cousin's famous book, Anatomy of an Illness. There are many who have used laughter to help them to wellness. It can be such a serious world. Taking it less seriously is healthy!

When I really want to laugh a lot and hard, I pick up my copy of Jay Leno's Headlines, Book I, II & III in one volume. You can buy it very inexpensively online. It is hilarious every time I read it. What's cool is that you can open it anywhere and start there. It is funny from start to finish. The ISBN number is 0-517-08238-1 to make it easy to find.

Usually I watch movies that I know are hilarious for me. Movies like Evan Almighty! with Steve Carell and Be Cool with John Travolta. I laugh out loud and quite often through both of them. I have a long list of movies that lift my spirits and cause laughter. Another is Ghost Town with Ricky Gervais. I highly recommend finding the ones that really crack you up and buying them so you can watch them whenever you feel a bit short on laughter.

Another place I go to often is YouTube and Stupid Videos.com. It never ceases to amaze me the crazy things people do and the fact that they do it in front of a movie camera and then post it for the world to see, and I thank them for it.

I remember watching the first VHS video I ever rented back when video rental stores didn't sell videos but only rented them. It was the movie Arthur with Dudley Moore. He was sitting in the back of his limo and he just started laughing aloud and said, "sometimes I just think funny thoughts!" Me too. I don't usually laugh aloud about that, but laugh inside anyway.

There is nothing so sweet and refreshing as laughter. Enjoy it daily!


I Laugh Often and Daily. The More, The Merrier.

Spread Some Joy Today--Check out some new things to make you laugh today. Try Stupidvideos.com or YouTube, or watch a really funny movie tonight. It'll do you good.

No comments:

Post a Comment