Sunday, February 21, 2010

Daily Inspiration 2-21-10

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles; it empties today of its strength."

-- Lori Nannery


"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

-- The Bible, Matthew 6:27 NIV


I worry. I used to worry a great deal. Now I worry less every day. Now I catch myself in the act of worrying about something, and I remind myself that worrying about it solves absolutely nothing.

There are a lot of great quotes about worrying. I chose only these two this time because the first by Lori Nannery is so true--worrying really does NOT empty tomorrow of troubles, but it zaps your strength today in a big way. That quote alone should help; however, it is the second quote by Jesus that has really stuck with me for years.

Think about it. What a great question. "Who of you by worrying, can add a single hour to his life?" Really. That question is so powerful that I keep it in my head to remind myself of the fallacy of worry. That whole chapter in the Bible is a lesson in letting go of concerns and worries. Yet to me this one line is all I need to remember.

Who of you by worrying, can add a single hour to his life?


I Cannot Add Even A Nanosecond To My Life By Worry. All My Time Spent In Worry Has Been Wasted Time.

Spread Some Joy Today--Realize that you need never worry about anything ever again. Practice makes perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment