Saturday, February 13, 2010

Daily Inspiration 2-13-10

"Someday may never come. So live each day better than the last. That way you'll wake up with so much excitement and anticipation you'll jump out of bed and shout 'I can't wait!'"

-- Bob Perks


"I never did a day's work in my life. It was all fun."

-- Thomas A Edison


"The crowning fortune of a man is to be born to some pursuit which finds him in employment and happiness, whether it be to make baskets, or broadswords, or canals, or statues, or songs."

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Do what you love and love what you do is great idealistic advice, but completely and totally unrealistic. Or is it? I think making a living is overrated--at least, now I do. It does seem to be unrealistic to think that each and every one of us could do something we love to do and make a living at the same time. We know there are a lot who do, but we don't think it can be us. We're not gifted, or we don't have the opportunities that others have. Maybe. Maybe not.

I think that many times we accept a rationale that our parents or teachers or some other authority figure gave us and we just go along with that. Many times, we choose the safe life or career or job instead of the one we really wanted. Perhaps we even justify it in a number of ways, like not wanting to be a starving artist, musician, actor, entrepreneur, etc. Or, like not wanting to be poor. Or, wanting lots of things like houses, cars and other things. All good reasons I'm sure.

That thing that you would love to do is now hidden deep inside covered up with reality and responsibilities and keeping all the balls in the air. I can relate. But, it's probably still there . . . down in the deep abyss. . . waiting. . .

So, you've left it behind and given up on that dream. It was unrealistic, you know. Yes, I know. . . BUT, I know it's far too late for you because you have all those responsibilities now, yet you can teach and help your children (or someone else's children) to find what they really love and help them do that instead of that old Doctor, Lawyer, Senator stuff. Yes? No?

It is worth the thought. . . it can be done. . .

Well, at least you can learn to love what you do now, right? Or not.


I Love My Life And I Love What I Do. Yes.

Spread Some Joy Today--Okay, don't be all talk. Go show the world that you love what you do and how much you love it. Glow. You'll be helping your fellow achiever.

No comments:

Post a Comment