Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Daily Inspiration 2-10-10

"What you leave in your children,
is more important than what you leave to them."

-- Denis Waitley


"We need to teach the next generation of children from day one that they are responsible for their lives. Mankind's greatest gift, also its greatest curse, is that we have free choice. We can make our choices built from love or from fear."

-- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross


I absolutely love Denis Waitley's statement: "What you leave in your children, is more important than what you leave to them." That statement begs the question, what are we leaving in our children?

In my childhood and almost all of my adulthood, the teachers and the world have been trying to teach me to fear. Whether it is fearing having bad breath, or getting a raw deal at a retail chain, or whether Social Security will be around, it's all fear based. In school it was more about memorizing and passing the quiz, getting a passing grade, moving to the next grade, and more. If I don't go to college, I will never get a good job was the claim. More and more fear based material.

Where's the love? Where's the love based teaching? Where's the building up of self-esteem? Where's the teaching that your thinking will rule your life and that the benefits of positive thinking are so strong that it is virtually impossible to ignore? Where's the teaching of trusting, believing in things happening for the best rather than the worst? Worst case scenario. That's a phrase I learned in school. Where's the best case scenario?

How about visualizing the end result the way you want it? Where's that class? What about Gratitude 101? or Praise 1 and 2? or Thankfulness 102? What about Belief 101? Or Encouragement of Others 1? Or Affirmations That Change Lives 100? Or How To Give Love and Influence People? Now these classes produce real results in the real world and change lives for the better every day. This is worthy of teaching our children. This will make a difference.

I am so thankful that I have finally found a new life with new thought (really, it's ancient, not new). It took me so long to learn it and it is so wonderful and joyful, that I cannot even imagine ever going back to the way it was. That kind of enlightenment is worthy of sharing with everyone--and especially young people. What a powerful difference it will make in their lives.

Wisdom need not take so long. . . yet, any time is a great time to start.


I Leave Love Everywhere I Go And My Love Continually Grows.

Spread Some Joy Today--You can never have enough love. There is no shortage except in some people's thinking, so give extra where ever you go today. Be lavish with it. You will be amazed how much more you find without trying to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment