Monday, February 8, 2010

Daily Inspiration 2-8-10

"I am -- the two most powerful words in the world,
for whatever we put after them becomes our reality."

-- Susan Howson


"Your real self--the "I am I" -- is master of this land,
the ruler of this empire. . . you rightfully have power and dominion over it, all its inhabitants, and all contained in its realm."

-- Robert Collier


"Whatever you believe yourself to be, you are."

-- Claude M Bristol


I am is an incredibly powerful statement. As Susan Howson says above, what comes after the words, I am, becomes our reality.

Think about what people say around you. Maybe you say some of these yourself. Maybe they are saying it quietly to themselves. Here's some examples: I'm not good enough. I'm not feeling good. I'm frustrated. I'm angry. I'm not smart enough. I'm not getting what I deserve. I'm tired. I'm tired of being treated this way. I am sick and tired of this. I'm done with this crap. I am hoping that things change soon. I am thinking I might have made a mistake. I'm looking for something better. I'm tired of this neighborhood. I'm not feeling it.

The I am statement is so powerful, that it would benefit everyone to use it to build up rather than state temporary facts or feelings. See how different these are: I am smart. I am wealthy. I am rich. I am loving every day. I'm excited. I'm ready. I'm going for it. I'm so grateful. I'm thinking today is going to be a special day. I'm so thankful. I am blessed. I am loved. I am focused. I am successful. I am loving life.

It is so rare to hear the second set of comments in the workplace, or even at home. This is an easy thing to change, and only requires a decision to do so. With practice, it gets easier and easier. Pretty soon you are really meaning it instead of just saying it. That's when it gets really powerful.

Change your circumstances? First change the things you think and say, and the circumstances must change. You may not get the million dollars in the next five minutes; however, you can absolutely feel better in the next five minutes and feeling better is the path that will lead to your new life.

I am __________.

Find as many awesome things to follow that phrase as you can. It will be great practice and will move you to a much improved life.


I Am Happy Just Because It Feels So Dang Good!

Spread Some Joy Today--Now that you got your 'I am' going on, try a little 'you are' with people around you. Uplifting others is a powerful benefit to them and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment