Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Daily Inspiration 10-28-09

"There is a difference between wishing for a thing and being ready to receive it. No one is ready for a thing until he believes he can acquire it. The state of mind must be belief, not mere hope or wish. Open mindedness is essential for belief. Closed minds do not inpire faith, courage, and belief."

- Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich

This is an interesting quote to me. I think I know the difference between wishing and believing, but it is only in the last couple of years that I have been getting my head around "being ready to receive. . ." He states that "no one is ready for a thing until he believes he can acquire it." That statement would be good to let bounce around for a while. Ponder it carefully. Do you think that is like "knowing?" Is there a difference?

Many of us were taught so strongly in early years that it is better to give than receive. The truth is they are both equally good and we need to be open to both equally. Being open to receive is critical.

You know how you compliment someone and they shuffle it off. I used to be very nervous about accepting compliments as if I wasn't supposed to feel good about myself or something. Something about being good enough or that "w" word: worthy. If you've ever felt that, let me tell you that everyone is worthy and that would include you. I am worthy. And, I have learned how to accept compliments with a thankful heart. It has made a difference in doing so.

Of course believing in what you are doing has everything to do with believing in yourself and feeling worthy, doesn't it?

Then he says, "open mindedness is essential for belief. Closed minds do not inspire faith, courage and belief." What that line makes me think of is the "h" word: How. I think believing in yourself and what you are doing and believing that you can and will succeed is essential; however, having an open mind would mean being open to "how" that will happen. With an open mind to how it will happen, you are open to help and flexibility, which increases your success ratio dramatically.

I love the sign on my wall and look at it often: WHAT is my job. HOW is God's job. That puts it all into perspective for me.

Are you ready to receive? It's coming!


We Are All Worthy, Of Worth, Of Value, Priceless!

Spread Some Joy Today--Pick Up A Little Stone, Put It In Your Pocket. Everytime You Touch It Today, State Something You Are Thankful For. It's Called A Gratitude Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment