Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Daily Inspiration 10-13-09

"Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom . . .


. . . A man becomes calm in the measure
that he understands himself as a thought-evolved being . . .

The calm man, having learned how to govern himself, knows how to adapt himself to others. And they, in turn reverence his spiritual strength. They feel that they can learn from him and rely upon him. The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good."


- James Allen, As A Man Thinketh**


I mentioned in another Daily Inspiration that Bob Proctor said that, one can Respond to circumstances, or events, or one can React to them. The outcome is dramatically different. He says, "It will soon become obvious to you, the people who are enjoying the most in life do not react to the obstacles they face, they respond to them. They study them and realize there are opportunities buried in every obstacle, and lessons to be learned. They actually view most of the obstacles as pretty interesting. Conversely, those who are struggling are generally stopped in their tracks and consequently never realize their dream."

How many times have I heard someone say something and I was immediately angry or upset. A reaction. How many times an event happened, like something breaking or something going wrong, or receiving a poor quality product, and I would be instantly frustrated or angry. Another reaction. I now think of the way I used to react as if I were a pinball in a pinball machine, just bouncing from one bumper to the other, racking up point after point in frustration and unhappiness.

Now, I choose to respond. I am a work-in-progress. My goal is to the the calm man and I am getting closer every day. I have realized that I am a thought-evolved being and I can see how that has worked perfectly all my life even knowing that choices were made by default.

Wisdom is not just knowledge and experience kept and sorted. It is not just confidence. It is these things and more: It is calmness. When I first read the quote above, I was amazed at it. It made perfect sense to me and I knew immediately that this was to be one of my top goals for the rest of my life.

I think of this phrase quite often and relish its simple power: "The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good."

Take Your Day All The Way To Awesome!

Spread Some Joy Today--Tell someone how much you appreciate them--in detail!

No comments:

Post a Comment