Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Daily Inspiration 10-21-09

"I am always doing that which I can not do,
in order that I may learn how to do it."

- Pablo Picasso

This is one of my all time favorite quotes and I just ran across it yesterday. It speaks to me personally right now, so clearly and so succinctly. It is powerful!

Until late September of 2007--just two years ago--I knew nothing about building websites, using HTML newsletters like this one and many, many other Internet items. Then, I just made a decision that I not only had to learn it, but that I really wanted to learn it because it would really serve me.

October 10th of 2007, my first HTML newsletter went out. October 15th, 2007, I built my first website. Two months later, I had my own business doing these things. Can you believe that? I can hardly believe it myself. It is flat amazing what happens when you make a decision to do what "I can not do." What happened? I learned how to do it.

People who are waiting until they have what they "need" are going to be forever waiting. Starting a business with all the capital you need and all the right people and all the ideas and all the customers and all the support is the fairytale land of the extremely foolish (although. . . it does sound appealing. . .). Starting out oh so slow and building it up in a conservative way so that you don't lose anything is also ridiculous. It will NEVER get built, I assure you. Building it requires focus and energy, and the most important thing of all: commitment to its success regardless of what others may say or do.

The excuse I hear the most is, "I don't know how to do that." That's easy, you can learn. What is most required is the decision and then the committed step toward. How is of little importance, really. How will certainly come and it will come as needed. Jack Canfield explained it very well when he said, "it is like driving from Los Angeles to New York in the pitch dark of night where your headlights only show you about 200 feet in front of you, yet that is all that is needed to arrive. It's 200 feet at a time for 3,000 miles."

Pablo Picasso knew this so well and stated it so succinctly: "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it." Bravo!

For you it may not be a business, or even what you do for a living, yet there might be something or some things you have been waiting to do, not knowing how you can do it. There is no time like the present. What have you been waiting for?


An Awesome Day Is In Your Control!

Spread Some Joy Today--Buy Someone Lunch and Listen To Them!

No comments:

Post a Comment