Thursday, October 22, 2009

Daily Inspiration 10-22-09

"The outer world of circumstances shapes itself to the inner world of thought, and both pleasant and unpleasant external conditions are factors which make for the ultimate good of the individual. As the reaper of his own harvest, man learns both of suffering and bliss."

- James Allen, As A Man Thinketh

At first, it was a bit hard to reconcile the concept that our circumstances are dictated by our thoughts, rather than accepting the more well accepted premise that things can and do happen to you that you have no control over whatsoever. It's sort of the "bad things happen to good people all the time" scenario, or "as fate dictates," or "when your number is up, your number is up," and other such fatalistic thought patterns.

However, once I started studying, As A Man Thinketh, and many other books that teach that there is one thing that we do have total control over and that is our thought, and I began testing and observing, I have been thoroughly convinced that I have the power to control circumstance and that I am, indeed, in charge of my life via what I choose to think.

Accepting this premise is amazingly empowering. It is empowering because I no longer have to wait my turn, hope for luck, wish for success, get in line. Instead, I choose to think the way I want it, I expect it, I am thankful and I am okay with the way things are as I look toward what I want next. That is empowering. I have control.

It is also empowering in that I no longer have any need or use for anxiety. I cannot express how powerful it is to let go of needing anxiety. Anxiety is fear and I have no need for fear. Why would anyone have fear when you have control. Fear is about not having control, isn't it?

How many times have you noticed in your own life and of many around you when you had anxiety about things. Worry. Fear of what might happen, etc. It's all such a waste of great talent. It has no usefulness, provides no value.

If no other reason directed you to accept the premise that you shape your own circumstance by your thought, letting go of anxiety forever should prove to be such a powerful motivation. It will leave so surely as you practice and I guarantee that you will not miss even a second of it.

You have the power! Ain't it GRAND!


Choose To Feel Great Today!

Spread Some Joy Today--Let Someone FEEL Your Enthusiasm. It's Contagious!

No comments:

Post a Comment