Sunday, October 18, 2009

Daily Inspiration 10-18-09

"As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak thoughts can make them strong by exercising himself in right thinking."

- James Allen, As A Man Thinketh**

What hope there is in this. Yes, the hope is that we can change. We can change our body for the better by exercise and better nutrition, and in the same sort of way, we can also change our experiences for the better by changing our thinking. It's all so logical and I love that it is logical. It makes perfect sense.

Of course, who hasn't struggled with proper exercise and better nutrition? It's sort of like a diet, isn't it? Make a decision, put forth the effort, make a commitment, and stick to it. Sounds so easy, doesn't it? And, we all probably know that it isn't quite that easy.

Yet, the good news to me is that changing my thinking is sooooooo much easier and less stressful than exercising and paying strict attention to my nutrition. It is fun in comparison!

Here's something that helped me get going down the road to thinking differently (better): I used to get so upset when people would pull in front of me on the road, or do some other stupid move. Or, maybe they were just slow when I was in a hurry. Who knows? It was always something, and I always reacted to it.

Then I heard about a different way to handle it. I respond. I choose a response that is kind of fun. I might say aloud or to myself, "Wow! I wouldn't have thought of doing it that way. How interesting!" Or, "That is interesting. I hope their day gets better." I just kind of make light of it in a creative way, changing the response as I feel inclined. And, you know what? I changed. I no longer get upset or angry with people on the road no matter what they do. Who are they to dictate the way I feel anyway!

So, that was like step number one for me to begin to think differently. It is so much more interesting and fun now and it serves me instead of stresses me. That is a good thing.
The hope is that I can change and a little at a time is okay. I keep exercising my better thinking and it continually provides better and better results in how I feel--and that is serving me very, very well.

Here's to you!


Take Your Day All The Way To Awesome!

Spread Some Joy Today--Send 3 praise emails to 3 different people--Change a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment