Saturday, October 17, 2009

Daily Inspiration 10-17-09

"Having conceived of his purpose, a man should mentally mark out a straight pathway to its achievement, looking neither to the right or the left.

Doubts and fears should be rigorously excluded. They are disintegrating elements which break up the straight line of effort, rendering it crooked, ineffectual, useless.

Thoughts of doubt and fear can never accomplish anything. They always lead to failure. Purpose, energy, power to do, and all strong thoughts cease when doubt and fear creep in."

- James Allen, As A Man Thinketh**

Don't we all, deep down, know this is true, yet many of us have a tendency to allow those doubts and fears to creep in. Many may even come from well-meaning friends, relatives and co-workers.

Since starting my business, I have not had any doubts about it succeeding. I don't allow them. I may not know how to achieve something, but that is very different from having doubts about my purpose. Frankly, I have to admit openly that there is much that I do not know how to achieve. For that, I look to the sign on my wall: WHAT Is My Job! HOW Is God's Job!

I like how James Allen says, . . ."a man should mentally mark out a straight pathway to its achievement, looking neither to the right or the left." I totally get that. If you have a vision of WHAT you want (the Purpose), focus on successful accomplishment of it ONLY. Do not allow any doubt or fear to mess with you and your purpose. It is okay, and it is normal to not know how to achieve your task. Know this: You will achieve your purpose if you keep it at the forefront of your thoughts and believe you will achieve it. That is your job.

Do it with gusto! Who does fear and doubt think they're messin' with, anyway? Just march forward and forget about what is on the right and the left. Focus on the straight pathway, for all you need to know is that you will do it. The rest will come. Hey. . . and have some FUN along the way!



EVERY DAY is Awesome!

Spread Some Joy Today--Go buy 3 greeting cards, put a short, special note of love or encouragement and SEND them!

No comments:

Post a Comment