Thursday, October 1, 2009

Daily Inspiration 10-1-09

"A man only begins to be a man when he ceases to whine and revile, and commences to search for the hidden justice which regulates his life.

And he adapts his mind to the regulating factor, he ceases to accuse others as the cause of his condition, and builds himself up in strong and noble thoughts;

ceases to kick against circumstances, but begins to use them as aids to his more rapid progress, and as a means of discovering the hidden powers and possibilities within himself."

- James Allen, As A Man Thinketh**

To me, this is one of the most powerful short paragraphs in As A Man Thinketh. I have known a serious number of complainers. Heck, I was party chairman at one time and always on the hunt for new party members. Complainers need each other, for without each other, all they have are hope, joy, achievement, satisfaction and some of those other things that the rich who get richer have.

It slowly evolved in me in becoming responsible for my own thoughts and life. I can't put a point on when exactly it happened. I think it has come mainly from listening to wise people on audio programs like Jim Rohn, Bob Proctor, The Secret, Earl Nightingale, and many others and in reading books like Pulling Your Own Strings, As A Man Thinketh, Think and Grow Rich, Awaken the Giant Within, Psycho-Cybernetics, and a few hundred others. (You can do it reading only one book by studying it thoroughly: As A Man Thinketh.)

This I do know: it was worth every second of every day moving toward accepting responsibility for myself instead of delegating it to other people and events. I had the power, and just needed to realize it and use it. So do you.

If you were anything like I described myself, try using an affirmation I got from Bob Proctor: "I am responsible for my life, for my feelings and for every result I get." Say that aloud about 10 times a day for 30 days and you will be on your way.

I broke the quote above from James Allen into three sections. First, stop complaining. Second, stop blaming others or circumstances for your situation by thinking better thoughts. Third, stop fighting against things and learn to take a lemon and make lemonade. Use what comes to your advantage. Discover your hidden powers.


Have an awesome day!

Spread some joy today--smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment