Friday, September 3, 2010

Daily Inspiration 9-3-10

"We're all in this together. . . alone."

-- Lily Tomlin


"I have always regarded myself as the pillar of my life."

-- Meryl Streep


"I don't follow precedent, I establish it."

-- Fanny Ellen Holtzman



As much as we would sometimes like to look to others to do for us, make decisions for us and otherwise guide us, in the end it comes down to us alone. I love how Lily Tomlin puts it: we have all this around us and it is us alone at the same time.

It's great to get advice, input, hear pros and cons and other valuable research, yet we must make our own mind in the end and we might as well just accept that fact and be even more proactive and active in it. There is strength in that and this is what I take from Meryl Streep's being the pillar in her own life. More often, we hear songs and other comments that someone else is the pillar that supports us. I love the idea that we are our own pillar of support.

And all of that lead me to Fanny Holtzman's wonderful quote where she doesn't follow precedent, she establishes it. How bold! How awesome! How positive.

So, here we go from the idea that we ultimately make our own decisions, our own situation, to being our own strength, which is just a great place to get to with such confidence and tenacity. Then, those lead to the bold position of setting the agenda; the precedent; the role; the circumstance, and being a leader in confidence.

What a wonderful, uplifting, empowering and encouraging place to be.


I Have So Much More Strength Available Than I Will Ever Choose To Use.

Spread Some Joy Today--How does ultimate confidence feel? Try it out today and see if you can find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment