Sunday, September 12, 2010

Daily Inspiration 9-12-10

"The true measure of a man is how he treats
someone who can do him absolutely no good."

-- Samuel Johnson



I love this quote and it speaks wisdom in as few words. Basically, treating people with respect, dignity and courtesy regardless of the potential gain from the contact is timeless advice. It speaks of the Golden Rule, of doing unto others as you would have them do unto you. Great phrase, wonderful message.

As I was admiring and enjoying the quote, a thought came over me that it is interesting how I have discovered, as perhaps you have as well, that no meeting is inconsequential. I have found encounters where I would have thought that this person could do nothing to help me, only to find out down the road somewhere that is was a mistaken conclusion--to my joy, I might add.

Since I have found this last bit true enough, it makes the best sense then to treat everyone as if they could do you a world of good, and perhaps the opposite as well.

I do know this: everything happens for a reason and whether we have knowledge of it ahead of time is of no real concern.


Every Meeting Is A Valuable Experience.

Spread Some Joy Today--What may seem like an enemy or a competitor, may very well be your best friend or partner. Relax with people you encounter. Everyone has value. Every One.

No comments:

Post a Comment