Thursday, September 16, 2010

Daily Inspiration 9-16-10

Anthony Robbins Week


"Stay committed to your decisions,
but stay flexible in your approach."

"There is no such thing as failure.
There are only results."

-- Anthony Robbins


 
I think I have truly learned the lesson that there is no such thing as failure, only a result. I read about Edison and many others who essentially failed their way to success. I'm currently reading an excellent book (hard to put down) of someone else who failed his way to success and he's young and still has a many more in him I'm sure. The man is Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.com, and the book is Delivering Happiness - A Path To Profits, Passion, and Purpose. I love reading stories like that--and there are tens of thousands of them.

Another lesson learned is to stay committed to the project, goal, idea, and stay flexible on how it will get done. I know in our Upward Trend business, we've stayed with the overall objective, but we have modified the path to fulfillment several times and most recently completely redesigned the business toward that end. That same "success story" is told in hundreds of books I've read of people like Conrad Hilton, Andrew Carnegie, Harvey Firestone, Alfred Sloan, Thomas Edison and the list goes on and on.

There's two other words for this: Tenacity and Resiliance. Considering the company I mentioned, it has got to be a very successful strategy.


It's Amazing What We Can Learn From Others! In Addition, It Sure Saves A Bunch Of Trial And Error.


Spread Some Joy Today--Before you give up on that project, goal, dream or idea, consider looking at it in several different ways to find a better, more effective way.

No comments:

Post a Comment