Thursday, September 2, 2010

Daily Inspiration 9-2-10

"Security is when everything is settled.
When nothing can happen to you.
Security is the denial of life."

-- Germaine Greer


"Only the insecure strive for security."

-- Wayne Dyer


Shortly after I got into the business world for real at age 22, I wanted to be the manager. Perhaps it was my eldest of five upbringing, but I always saw myself in that role. In addition, it was not just to be "in charge," but more to be a teacher than anything else because I always saw a good manager as a teacher. In less than three years, my goal was reached. Boy, did I have a lot to learn. . . but that's another issue!

The reason I bring this up is that I see so many young people who are not willing to risk much in employment because they focus on security and the immediate reward. I know for certain that had I thought that way back at age 22, I would never have progressed into, or would have been good at management because just making the decision to go there requires risk. There were so many things I offered to do for free just to get experience and I seriously began studying more than I ever did in school. I wanted it, was willing to risk time, money and energy, as well as forgo immediate reward for longer term gain.

I hear of lack of opportunity from many young people and I see a lot of them looking for security and consistency. "How much does that pay?" might be a typical question. They want the sure thing. That would be nice, perhaps, but it is not very real. What security does is create the lack of opportunity by locking out alternatives to progress. There are all kinds of opportunities available when the limits are removed.

I like how Henry Ford says it:

"The only real security that a man can have in this world
is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability."


And now, in my later years and in a new and exciting business, I have decided to dedicate much toward sharing the opportunity possibilities with as many young people as I can and my plan is that many will accept more risk and receive far greater rewards--to see countless opportunities where they would have perceived lack. We have begun creating entrepreneurs and will expand this greatly very soon.


The Perception Of The Fullness Of The Glass Speaks Prophetically To The Outcome Of The Endeavor.

Spread Some Joy Today--Give someone else some encouragement today. We all need regular and healthy doses of encouragement. Tell people how they have helped you. It will be good for both of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment