Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Daily Inspiration 9-28-10

Issue Number 365

Today marks the one year anniversary of the CTS Daily Inspirations: Issue Number 365, September 28th, 2010. The loving response to these daily passages has been most gratifying and wonderful. I began them to inspire a few discouraged sales people at one of our clients locations and it evolved from that to a far wider audience. I am grateful for every reader and all the input I have received. It is a joy to do these and the fact that anyone gains any benefit from them makes the effort worthwhile. Thank you for reading and thank you for the opportunity to share a few thoughts with you.



"What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."


-- Ralph Waldo Emerson



For this issue, it seems appropriate to review one of my favorite quotes of all time by Ralph Waldo Emerson. To me, it is so inspiring because it indicates that I have power or control over my life. There are many who believe that circumstances and other outside influences rule their lives and that fate or luck or gods or devils use them as pawns in the big game. Those thoughts cause me to have no desire to live, no desire to grow, no desire to do anything, for I would be working against the odds of the have's and the have not's.

It also inspires me to know that no matter where I am in my life travels, looking at the past or even the future--no matter what I used to think or do or have or be--I can change. This thought gives me strength and enthusiasm and life.

As a child and teenager, I would think about fate and wonder how life is a blessing to some and a burden to others. I was taught to do my best, to do the right things and with some luck, I could have a good life and a good job. With some luck was the questionable phrase. I didn't understand where luck came from. It was mysterious.

Now, so many years later, I've come to the realization that I have had the power, or the control to have the life I want within me all the time, but I never took conscious control of it. The only thing I can truly control in life is what I choose to think and that is control indeed. Circumstances do not have the effect they once did. Luck is not an issue. All the other outside influences have no control either. It is all inside me. It is what I choose to think.

That leads me to the final comment on this quote by Emerson: It is my responsibility, if I ever had one--to choose, to take control, to get at the wheel and accept responsibility for my own choices and to learn how to guide myself because I have the power within me and to look outside of me is to ignore it and have my thoughts be controlled by circumstance and others. In other words, to not live my own life.

I am so excited and pleased to have acquired this knowledge and to have accepted the responsibility, for it is to live my own life and to be of value. If it is to be. . . it is NOT up to them! It is up to me!



I Accept The Responsibility Of Creating My Own Unique Experience--My Own Life.


Spread Some Joy Today--Make a blame list. How many people, circumstances and events have you blamed for things that did not please you--or even those few that did please you. Now, accept responsibility for all that yourself. It will make an enlightening list, I assure you.


No comments:

Post a Comment