Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Daily Inspiration 9-15-10

Anthony Robbins Week



"It's not knowing what to do,
it's doing what you know."

"The way we communicate with others
and with ourselves
ultimately determines the quality of our lives."


-- Anthony Robbins





You know, when I saw the first quote here, I thought, "how harsh!" And, how true. I won't speak for anyone else, but I pretty much have always known, yet was constantly looking for what to do, people to show me, tell me--you know, someone you can blame if it doesn't work out so well. I knew, but was reluctant to accept full responsibility.

Whenever I would do what I know, it would always work out and to just stay on that track would be pretty cool. Where have I fallen off the path? That leads me to the second quote: the way we communicate--or rather, the way I communicate with me. It's probably the instant gratification that comes from doing what you want when doing something else will have a larger, longer term benefit. You know, potato chips (Kettle Brand, lightly salted. . .), the leather reclining chair (my favorite), procrastination (wasn't that a Carly Simon song?), doing the less important, but more fun things in lieu of the things that actually have a payoff, and. . . well, you make your own list.

That all comes from the way I talk to me, how I allow myself to present such a pathetically poor case and still win the trial. Only in our own minds could it be that easy.

So, I know what to do enough, and if I just do what I know, I'll do fine as long as I learn how to communicate and be a better team player. After all, it's been my own team I've been selling out. . . Maybe I should write a book.


I Am Always Leading Myself Somewhere. Where?


Spread Some Joy Today--Maybe just for today. . . you know what to do, so doing it is the next step. It'll make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment