Monday, April 5, 2010

Daily Inspiration 4-5-10

"Procrastination is something best put off until tomorrow."

-- Gerald Vaughn


"Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week."

-- Spanish proverb


"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow."

-- Mark Twain


I am a superstar at planning and executing tomorrow. It's just today that I have issues with. Yesterday, it all looked so good and everything turned out so perfectly, and today. . . well, today. . . let's just say that it wasn't the same. Much of the time, it wasn't even close. And, most of that is fully and completely my own fault. I could-a, and in my head I did-a, and even did-a well, but when the time came I should-a, and though I could-a, I did-not-a.

It's tomorrow. That's the problem. Tomorrow has issues that I can't see today, so that when tomorrow comes, the rules have changed and I didn't know it at the time, otherwise I could have planned for the change and performed properly. But tomorrow changed everything and so I have to start over again and plan for tomorrow again hoping that tomorrow will be more cooperative this time. I mean, really. . . it has no business changing all the time. How is a person expected to succeed, anyway?

Yet, I think I have found the answer! It's TODAY. If I do all I can do today, tomorrow won't matter so much. Then, when tomorrow comes, I will just focus on it as if it is today (which it is--or will be, depending on which day it is. . .).

Yeah. That's it. All there really is is NOW!

What a relief!


If I Could-A, Should-A and Would-A, I Might-A.

Spread Some Joy Today--What are you going to do right now? Begin this second.

No comments:

Post a Comment