Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Daily Inspiration 4-27-10

The Best Is Yet To Come
Optimism Week

"Hope is definitely not the same thing as optimism. It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out."

-- Vaclav Havel


"Things turn out best for the people who
make the best of the way things turn out."

-- John Wooden


Optimism to me is much more powerful than hope in the way the word hope is generally used. The way hope is generally used is more like a wish, a desire, a 'what I want' thing. The word hope as used in religious context, means belief. This last definition of hope and the word optimism are much the same to me.

I love how Vaclav Havel says, 'it is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out." I think that is a brilliant view of life. And John Wooden is saying the same thing in a different way.

This reminds me of a sign I saw in an auto repair shop and I've never gotten it out of my head. The sign read like this:

1. If you're going to be a bear, be a Grizzly.
2. Shit happens.

I think that is an optimistic and enthusiastic and realistic sign. It says to me to go for it and be bold and give it my best shot and do all I can do and be strong and brave and look on the horizon, not the ground. Then, whatever happens, go with it and you will find that it all works out just fine. Number one is the 'certainty that something makes sense, and number two is 'regardless of how it turns out.'

Go be a Grizzly!

No worries, mate!


GGRROOOOWWLLLL!

Spread Some Joy Today--Look at Nature today. It will restore your optimism. Trees are very optimistic. Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment