Thursday, April 15, 2010

Daily Inspiration 4-15-10

Opportunity Week


"I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity."

-- Oprah Winfrey


"Unless you have prepared yourself to profit by your chance, the opportunity will only make you ridiculous. A great occasion is valuable to you just in proportion as you have educated yourself to make use of it."

-- Orison Swett Marden


"When ye are prepared for a thing, the opportunity to use it presents itself."

-- Edgar Cayce


Luck is preparation meeting opportunity. I've heard that phrase so many times, and I've even said it myself so many times, yet somehow, I have always wanted to have that thing, or that situation, without any preparation. I just want the opportunity--NOW! You, know. . . I'm sure I'm not alone on that one.

They say, 'first get the schooling and learn the way it has been done before you go off trying to change things. It'll be so much better for you.' Yet, I've gone off trying to change things before I've ever set foot in class. O.J.T. (on the job training), is always my favorite--or at least, it used to be. Still, I've little patience for having to wait so long just to have a shot.

Now, looking at the way I've come through life, I have to admit, that had I spent more time and energy preparing, I would have had an easier time. . . I think. I left college early, but a good college education would have helped speed things along probably. Although, I have had that and much, much more through self-study without the papers to prove it. Consequently, I probably have had to work harder than I might have. . . I think. I think.

You know it's all so good to look backward and say whatever you want about what happened. It's a fact that we all have perfect hindsight, though our conclusions may still be inconclusive. This I do know: we must prepare for opportunities if we want to be able to make good use of them. If I wanted to get 'found' as a singer, it would have paid for me to have had a lot of practice, and coaching at that art. All these talent shows like "The X-Factor" and "American Idol" are looking for someone who has prepared for the opportunity. Those that haven't go quickly.

There are many things in my life I've offered to do for free just in order to learn how to do them and to be able to practice, and as far as I can remember, all of them have paid off in one way or another.

Preparation meeting opportunity is the name of the game. For sure.


I Have All Kinds Of Luck When I'm Prepared For It.

Spread Some Joy Today--Whatever you really love to do--and you'll know it because you lose track of time and excel at it--find a way to practice it often. You just never know. Watching the Masters this week, showed thousands of hours of preparation and the opportunity was met!

No comments:

Post a Comment