Friday, April 23, 2010

Daily Inspiration 4-23-10

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

-- Jack London


"Do not wait; the time will never be "just right."
Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along."

-- Napoleon Hill


"Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working."

-- Pablo Picasso


I love these quotes because I have learned a thing or two about inspiration. One is that it is powerful and mysterious. It is often as if someone from outside the world I see, is speaking it through me. It's the kind of thought that I instantly feel I must listen to, and it is a thought that has legs--it's a catalyst to accomplishment or completion. It may not be the whole answer, but is enough to get me going.

The other thing I've learned about inspiration is that I don't wait around for it, but seek it out. It is more like asking it to come and being open to its arrival, and the best way to have it come is to be already in action, not languishing and making assumptions. I love Napoleon Hill's quote in that there is no perfect time; or rather, more appropriately, anytime is the perfect time, and none as perfect as this very moment.

A few years ago I was writing a a lot of songs and I found that my inspiration came when I decided I was going to do just that--set aside the time, find an appropriate environment and go to work. As I worked, the inspirations just flowed through me and I could hear the song in my head as I was writing out the words. There was something magical about it.

Sometimes now, when I'm working on a business idea, project or problem, I might go for a long walk or I frequently pace the room. Although pacing is normally referencing anxiety, and this is not the case when I pace, but it just kind of makes me more focused, yet relaxed. I think it's the physical movement. I've heard people say when they are exercising that good ideas come to them.

You probably have those things you do that seem to bring out your inspirations. It is indeed a thing that is best done on purpose, rather than by accident. Whatever you find working for you is great. Or just start toward your goal even if it isn't yet clear, the inspirations will catch you in due time.

Finding the inspirations is an active sport. They won't stand for intimidation, so you can't force them; however, they respond fully to expectation. Your inspriations will find you when you are ready. They are always ready.


I Find My Inspirations Find Me When I Seek Them.

Spread Some Joy Today--Isn't it joyful when you're inspired? Just think about how that spreads joy to those around you. If you feel that way, others will feel it through you! Purposely seek inspirations daily. Practice makes perfect. Plus, it's a rush!

No comments:

Post a Comment