Thursday, September 6, 2012

Daily Inspiration 9-6-12

"The real act of discovery is not in finding new lands,
but in seeing with new eyes."

-- Marcel Proust

I love this quote. It is so short and so full at the same time. How many times I have got into a routine of seeing things only to become so blind to the possibilities, or to the beauty that is there that I couldn't yet see.
 
Sometimes, it might take a little break, or a period of refreshment, and something I think that works better is looking at it from a different angle--or a new perspective.
 
I was watching a short little video the other day by John C Maxwell where he was talking about perspective and saying that perspective is everything. We each choose the perspective that we filter everything through and we may not realize it, but we can choose to change that perspective.
 
One fast way to change a perspective is to ask new questions. Here's an example: 'OK. I see this still isn't working and I'm not liking it still. I'm so tired of this situation. It's really dragging me down, draining my energy and spirit.' Change that to, 'I'm wondering. . . what if there was a silver lining to this situation? What might that be? What is good about this? What is right about this? Does anyone benefit from this situation? Do I benefit from it?'
 
The grass is rarely greener on the other side, but we've got to stop looking at our so hard that we no longer see any green. It's there. We just need some new eyes.
'I SEE! I SEE! Said The Blind Man, As He Turned Around And Found A New Perspective. . .
 
Spread Some Joy Today--Laugh often and much today. Let's have fun and enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment