Friday, April 6, 2012

Daily Inspiration 4-6-12

"I like to think that if you put your trust out there, I mean if you really give people the benefit of the doubt and see their best intentions, people will rise to the occasion."

-- Character of Ned in the movie, Our Idiot Brother

The other night I watched a very funny and also poignant movie called, Our Idiot Brother which recently came out on DVD. It is interesting--no, fascinating to me how I can watch a movie and one line of dialog will just jump out at me and the quote above was it in this movie.

This character was generally happy, easy going, unconcerned about problems. I liked how he would go from plan A to plan B and C so effortlessly. He just loved people and trusted them for the most part and he felt that that was a good choice even though it didn't happen that way all the time. In fact, he believed that given the chance, people will rise to the occasion. . . more often than not.

What a great way to live. It reminds me of the idea of a self-fulfilling prophesy, where based on our own attitude, belief or trust, people turn out to be just that way. . . for the most part. It certainly is a very low stress approach to life. What is there to worry and fret about?

What really seems to help me in doing this more often is to see myself loving the other person or persons regardless of how they seem to be initially. As I see them in a loving way, I see that which they are inside and see perhaps the real person who is also loving though they may have packed some baggage to carry rather than discard it.

As with any of these little things I am learning to impliment, it is the steady practice that helps me adjust my philosophy rather than just get lucky.



What We See, We So Often Get. . .

Spread Some Joy Today--We all have an unending supply of love. We can share an abundance of it and still have an abundance available.

No comments:

Post a Comment