Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Daily Inspiration 4-10-12

"A man, as a general rule, owes very little to what he
was born with--a man is what he makes of himself."

-- Alexander Graham Bell


I've found the key in myself is to follow my passions, my desires, what I'm interested in. Then, I get inspiration to do something. Many times it doesn't follow the path I thought it might, but I'm now totally okay with this.

I'm happy to see where it takes me and what the turnout will be, all the while enjoying the my travels. It is my passions and desires that caused me to learn to play guitar, to own a music store, to become a sales manager, to write a song and on and on it goes.

Now, as I look back at all those things I tried and did, it is fun to see the choices I've made and so many were really good choices. Sometimes I do things purely for the experience of it and zero monetary reward. Everything doesn't have to be a business or an income. Just following your own joy would be reward enough.

I really do get to choose! That is so exciting to understand this more fully. Sometimes people wait so long to do a thing that they never get around to it. That won't do for me. I would rather do and make mistakes than to wait for the perfect opportunity.

I don't think that really exists anyway.



"Things Won Are Done, Joy's Soul Lies In The Doing." -- William Shakespeare

Spread Some Joy Today--"There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward." -- Kahlil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment