Saturday, April 21, 2012

Daily Inspiration 4-21-12

"I used to say, "I sure hope things will change."
Then I learned that the only way things are going
to change for me is when I change."

"It doesn't matter which side of the fence
you get off on sometimes. What matters most
is getting off! You Cannot make progress
without making decisions."

-- Jim Rohn


I was talking with a friend and colleague tonight and we were talking about money issues and one thing came up about new radical opportunities for making big money in new creative enterprises on the Internet. I said something that was interesting and was mainly coming out of my mouth so that I could actually hear it with my ears and not just rattling around in my head via self-talk. Many times, it is more powerful that way.

Here's essentially what I said with all sincerity: "I'm done chasing money. I've done that all my life. I don't want the easy way of something for nothing, I want to build my company by providing a valuable service that helps our clients grow their business, to provide opportunities for employment to others, to feel proud about what I do and what value I bring to the marketplace, and to feel proud to turn it over to others down the road that I created something worthwhile." In other words, I'm ready to let money chase me for a change.

I would like the company to grow quickly, but I'm also not in a hurry. I am wanting it to be well-built and thoughtfully designed. I want happy, long-term clients because we are like a partner to them with the service we provide. I am fully committed to these ideals because I've been wanting this all of my life and I made the decision a few years back to go down this path. I'm very pleased with what we have been able to accomplish in the time we have spent, and very grateful for it and for the challenge and the learning that comes from doing something you didn't know how to do until you decided to do it anyway. I'm especially grateful for the decisions of the people we have added or attracted which seems kind of magical to me.

It is more about becoming and participating and organizing and sharing, than it is about money and rewards and retirement. I could care less about retirement. I'm having the time of my life now.

Money is just an idea; a medium of exchange; something of value for something of value. I'm not looking for a golden parachute, but to gaze fondly at all those beautiful buildings.



I'm So Glad My Ears Heard That Coming Out Of My Own Mouth.

Spread Some Joy Today--Consider your own passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment