Monday, April 16, 2012

Daily Inspiration 4-16-12

"Complaining means you have a reference point
for something better that you would prefer
but that you are unwilling to take the risk of creating.
Either accept that you are making the choice to stay
where you are, take responsibility for your choice,
and stop complaining. . .or. . .take the risk
of creating your life exactly the way you want it."

-- Jack Canfield


The above quote comes from The Success Principles by Jack Canfield and is principle number 1: Take 100% Responsibility For Your Life. I love how he begins the chapter with theses words:

"One of the most pervasive myths in the American culture today is that we are entitled to a great life--that somehow, somewhere, someone (certainly not us) is responsible for filling our lives with continual happiness, exciting career options, nurturing family time, and blissful personal relationships simply because we exist.

But the real truth--and the one lesson this whole book is based on--is that there is only one person responsible for the quality of life you live.

That person is you.

If you want to be successful, you have to take 100% responsibility for everything that you experience in your life. This includes the level of your achievements, the results you produce, the quality of your relationships, the state of your health and physical fitness, your income, your debts, your feelings--everything!"

This might be where some people close the book and say heck with the other 63 principles, this guy ain't putting all that on me!

To me, though I do not yet have everything that I want, it has been one of the most empowering things I have ever accepted, and that is that I create my own circumstances, events, and outcomes. Whatever I look at in my life, I now fully accept that I created it. That includes the things that I don't like that much, or the things I'm not proud of.

At the same time, as I look at those things, I find myself making peace with them rather than pushing them off as someone else's responsibility. This allows me to see my real power and then to turn and create anew something more pleasing.



"It Is Time To Stop Looking Outside Yourself For The Answers."
 -- Jack Canfield

Spread Some Joy Today--Feel the joy that being a powerful creator brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment