Saturday, April 14, 2012

Daily Inspiration 4-14-12

"Accept everything about yourself--I mean everything.
You are you and that is the beginning
and the end--no apologies, no regrets."

-- Clark Moustakas


I find that being upset or unhappy about where I am right now has a tendency to keep me where I am, regardless of what I say I want, or where I might prefer to be. It doesn't matter how well developed my goals are, how much effort I put forth, if I am focusing on what is not right in my life right now, that's where the dominant thought keeps me.

What I need to do is to stop beating myself up about what I am or am not, what skills I have or have not, how success-oriented I am or am not, how much I have or have not, or how old I am now when I should have "made it" by now. All of that simply creates an invisible anchor and reinforces my so-called failures.

The key is to find peace where I am, to accept myself fully now and all that has come in the past. This will lighten the baggage I carry so that I can move on. It doesn't matter at all what came before because anyone can change, and each and every moment is a new moment with new experience. America is obsessed with blame, all of which is externally focused, and many of us are obsessed with blaming ourselves, our circumstances, our results or lack of them. The worst of that is blaming ourselves, which causes us to feel poorly about ourselves, which keeps us repeating that again and again. It reminds me of Einstein's message that to keep doing the same things over and over and expect a different result is the very definition of insanity.

I recommend to begin to love yourself even as God loves you. Lighten up. Look at where you are, what you are and what you have in a positive light. Start with, "I know there are many people that have been right where I am and they have found a way through," and then add to that. Everything is never all bad regardless of what it is. See what is good about where you are. Enjoy the things that you have however meager they may be to someone else. Accept yourself where you are now, where you have been, as you decide to change into your new circumstances and attitudes in the days ahead. Be of good cheer as you travel joyously loving yourself and your new found life.



"I Got A New Attitude. . ."

Spread Some Joy Today--Accept everyone else and where they may be as you accept yourself. Good or bad is a viewing choice. Put on your good glasses and find your joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment