Saturday, January 8, 2011

Daily Inspiration 1-8-11

"The great majority of men are bundles of beginnings."

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson


"Success seems to be largely a matter of
hanging on after others have let go."

-- William Feather


"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift,
nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise,
nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill;
but time and chance happeneth to them all."

-- Ecclesiastes 9:12, The Bible



 
Have you ever done something long enough to see it begin to work, then work so much better, and then it seems like the word is out?

I look back in my life briefly and I see many times that I was good at beginnings. I even wrote a paper about that once on how much I loved beginnings, but I wasn't so fond of working through it as I was putting it together. Like planning a party is really fun and interesting, but then doing the work on the morning of the party is not too much fun--at least from my perspective.

Maybe this is one of the things I like about the idea of being a consultant, where I get to help start things or change things up, which is another version of beginning, but I don't hang around and do the daily work every day. It is fun for sure, yet I am finding there are also many things; albeit, not as many, where I have invested the time, energy, money, whatever, to get it going and then am also around for the actual working of it. And, as much as I like beginnings, I am growing quite fond of the evolution of something I've started or stepped into.

What I find interesting about this now is how in the early stages, it seems to be such an uphill process, and then bit by bit, it turns into momentum and then grows somewhat faster. There are also lots of different kinds of beginnings in that process as well. For example, each significant change is a beginning of its own, so I suppose I get the best of both worlds.

Of course, isn't that the way it is with a family? A new church? A new business? A new relationship?

I think I've come to the conclusion that I just like life now and all it contains. In addition, I've forgotten all about endings. I see them as just misnamed beginnings.



If You Like Beginnings As Much As I, Just Keep Going As There Are So Many More Coming.


Spread Some Joy Today--Nothing spreads joy so much as loving what you do, even when it is living each day in awe of what is coming next.

No comments:

Post a Comment