Thursday, January 13, 2011

Daily Inspiration 1-13-11

"We're so engaged in doing things to achieve
purposes of outer value that we forget the
inner value, the rapture that is associated
with being alive, is what it is all about."

-- Joseph Campbell



I had the best time today, and the good news about that is that I was working all day. In fact, it was a long day that began at 4:30am and it is now 11:30pm. I had a heck of a good time calling on some clients and spending some time with them, travelling a couple hundred miles, taking photographs and video and all at a leisurely pace.

I seemed to enjoy everything about this day. That includes the weather, the sky changing from complete overcast with heavy fog to sunshine and some clouds. I enjoyed the people I met with, all 16 of them. I enjoyed the travel through the countryside and the cities, and listening to favorite voices in my University on Wheels. I enjoyed the Starbuck's stop, those yummy vanilla little scones, a grande latte.

I enjoyed my thoughts going over the material on the CD's, thinking in between the other events. I shared love and felt love and smiled a lot and laughed a lot. Relationships were expanded and enhanced. I enjoyed getting "work" done, although it didn't feel much like work to me. Let's just say, I accomplished some tasks that I had in mind to accomplish.

There wasn't anything, not even a small amount of anything I can recall that was negative. It was all very positive. There were a couple surprises and that is always interesting to experience. I gave appreciation verbally and non-verbally throughout the day. I was giving appreciation for most of these things as they were happening and now I share that with you and appreciate it all over again.

Yes, it was a great day. I now have a lot of days just like this with different events and people and things, but similar appreciation. However, they are not all like this. Sometimes, I get a little too caught up in making things too important, too critical. I sometimes focus on all those outer things that aren't fun or interesting and are far too serious. Fortunately, they are fewer and fewer and fewer.

In fact, I have made a decision that I will seek joy every day, and now most days I succeed at that, and with practice, I will succeed every day. There is no reason why I shouldn't, and every reason why I should and why I want to. As I described above--that long list of little, seemingly trivial things and events--it is this that is joyous if I want it to be. I want it to be because today was so good. I could have been a multi-millionaire today and it wouldn't have been any better. Except maybe for the chauffeur driving me around in the limo. . .



What A Life I Lead Now That I Am Leading It!


Spread Some Joy Today--have a day like I just had. That will do it. Joy is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment