Monday, January 31, 2011

Daily Inspiration 1-31-11

"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"

-- God as played by Morgan Freeman in the movie, Evan Almighty



Do we just give our kids money, or do we show them ways to earn it and thereby have some respect for it and understand value more clearly? Do we allow our children, our sales staff, our employees to learn by allowing them to make mistakes so they can learn better ways? Or, do we step in and do it for them, so that we know it is done according to our own plan regardless of how little they learn that way?

Or, how about ourselves? Are we longing for the easy way, when we know full well that the other way will create a foundation to step up on? Are we looking for a savior?

If you were starting up a company from scratch and using your own capital, or bootstrapping it, would you constantly long for enough money to pay people and be done with the struggle? Or might the struggle have some of the most valuable lessons of the whole journey?

I used to long for all those savior moments, wanting it to be over and someone else to do the work, or make things happen. Then recently, something changed. All of a sudden, it became clear to me that these things weren't struggles at all. It was just a challenge to be able to view it differently; more creatively. Then, it became even more clear that it was not even so much of a challenge as an advantage. Now, just look at that transition! It went from a struggle to a challenge to an advantage? Maybe I'm losing it!

Truly, I'm beginning to see some of the things that I go through in my business and my personal life as advantages instead of the struggles that once were. It is this change in thinking that I am so very excited about because it is showing me the value of the travel that I would have never seen otherwise.

I now know for certain that it is all perfect.


I Now Have An Advantage: My New Perspective.

Spread Some Joy Today--Everything is really how you perceive it. We indeed create our own individual realities.

No comments:

Post a Comment