Thursday, January 20, 2011

Daily Inspiration 1-20-11

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place
in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

-- Walt Disney



Yesterday, I briefly mentioned stringing joyous days together. So, I took my own advice and just decided that I would string as many of them together as I could.

It's early in the day and I was inspired to begin tomorrow's daily inspiration right now because I am feeling so on top of the world! Well, maybe extremely excited would be a better way to say it.

Here's what excited me this morning. I was talking with my partner Ryan and we were laughing and having a good time on the phone and we talked about our latest websites and how great they look compared to only 8 months ago. In just three years, we have grown so much in creating better and better websites, blogs and other Internet items. It is almost mind-boggling the difference from when I first built my first website in October, 2007. And, I was thinking about what made the difference and how it came about. The answer is NOT ME.

Yes, not me. I didn't do it. . . directly, but indirectly. The first site was by the green pea himself, me. Nothing to write home about, except that it was actually completed and online and I did it. Then I built some more and each one got better and better. Then after about 8 months or so in business, we hire a graphic designer and soon, the sites take on a whole new dimension. Then, the company we use improved their product dramatically, then we hired another graphic designer, then . . . well, suffice to say that I am not building websites any more and haven't for some time. But, here's the good news: I own the company! So in effect, I do! Is that cool or what!?

I find and have always believed, like Henry Ford, that you surround yourself with talented people and they make you look pretty darn good. It isn't me, but the people who are a part of our endeavor that make all the difference. I'm in there doing things, but I couldn't do what our company does now without them. They are Upward Trend now. And, we are all so much better for it.

Think about your business and the people in your employ, or if you're an employee, look around at the talented people the surround you. Recognize that talent and express your gratitude for it. Even if it doesn't directly affect you in your position, I am certain they affect you indirectly in some way. Build them up because that automatically will build you up. A company is absolutely worthless without the people--the right people--just like any good football team, or organization. Seek what is going right, not what is going wrong, and applaud every success no matter how small and watch what happens.



It Takes People To Grow. . .

Spread Some Joy Today--Grow some kindness by giving some of yours away as seed. In the same way, grow your laughter, friendship, love, excitement, and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment