Saturday, August 14, 2010

Daily Inspiration 8-14-10

"When I was a child, I talked like a child,
I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me."

-- 1 Corinthians 13:11 The Bible NIV


"A mind once stretched by a new idea
never regains its original dimensions."

-- Oliver Wendell Holmes



The world was flat, then it became round. The Sun rotated around the earth, then the earth rotated around the Sun. There was one universe, now there are so many universes (galaxies) that they haven't been counted fully and may never be.

As our perception or awareness changes, our own world changes and what was cannot be again. We laugh at the thinking that the world is flat. We laugh at the idea of the earth as the center of the universe. We laugh at what we used to believe the universe looked like. And, though we laugh, deep down we know that what we now know is still not all, but there is more to learn, and more awareness to come and old beliefs to go.

Before, I couldn't ______, but now I not only do it, I wonder how I could have lived without doing it. Before I changed my thinking, I couldn't imagine achieving _______, and now I have achieved more than I could have possibly imagined. These and many other things come from being open to a changed thought--by just changing our thinking. That's all a belief is anyway: a thought we keep thinking.

When we become flexible enough to be a student, the teacher appears and we expand our thinking, our awareness, our perceptions, our lives.

It's a great time to be alive!


My Mind Is As Elastic As I Will Allow It To Be.

Spread Some Joy Today--Let go of a little more resistance today. Each bit of resistance gone is joy earned.

No comments:

Post a Comment