Thursday, August 12, 2010

Daily Inspiration 8-12-10

"If you work just for the money, you'll never make it,
but if you love what you're doing and you always
put the customer first, success will be yours."

-- Ray Kroc


Tell me, have you ever learned something and then find yourself saying those things you learned to others and feeling like you really understand the subject, and then sometime later, perhaps even years later, you realize you didn't really get it until now?

Having started into a sales career at age 22, I had heard this quote by Ray Kroc expressed by others in a very similar manner, though the exact words were somewhat different. Each of the quotes were on the subject of "chasing money." I learned it, or so I thought, then taught it, then heard it repeated back to me by those I taught. All the time, it made sense, but I didn't really get it. I still chased the money.

Of course, I know now that this created and perpetuated the chase and this became the role I played. There were goals set and monitored and it was still a chase and some months the chase got more intense. Though progress was made from time to time, the chase was the predominate theme.

Yesterday's Daily Inspiration stated that to be of service to the most people is the powerful and effective success strategy. Sure, money is necessary. Who doesn't get that? But, that doesn't mean that focusing on that aspect will create success. It hasn't all my life, why should it now? No. It is being of service to the many. The money comes as a matter of course.

What is the best way to be of service? I think it is in loving what you do and sharing that, expressing that, expanding that, becoming that every day. It's the kind of attitude that you would do it for free just because you love it so much. The joy of that is so powerful, and it attracts more of the same. It reminds me of my favorite quote of all time by William Shakespeare:

"There is a tide in the affairs of men,
when taken at the flood, leads on to fortune."


Even By Serving Someone For Free, It Leads You In The Right Direction. Think Investment! Think Practice! Think Joy!

Spread Some Joy Today--Is there joy in service to others? Does a bear do it in the woods?

No comments:

Post a Comment