Friday, May 7, 2010

Daily Inspiration 5-7-10

"Someone's sitting in the shade today
because someone planted a tree a long time ago."

-- Warren Buffett


"Lives of great men all remind us we can make our lives sublime.
And, departing, leave behind us footprints on the sands of time."

-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


I've come to believe that the best thing to leave behind when I leave this earth is some things that will help people find themselves and live more fulfilled lives.

I've had relatives die and leave small amounts of money or things and that is nice, but has no lasting value. It is the books and tapes and knowledge that has been left behind that has been of the most benefit to me. They may have been doing it all for themselves and affecting others as a side note, but I got the huge benefit of what they left behind helping me to lead a better life in the present.

Now, after learning, gathering and testing in the first two thirds of my life, I am now sharing what I have learned in the last one third. My best hope is that some of it is beneficial to others now and in the future too. And, guess what? It's an absolute joy to do it too. Looks like I benefit, no matter what! Who knew?


I'm Basking In The Sunshine Of Someone Else's Leave Behind. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Spread Some Joy Today--Gratitude for the shade that others have provided is a really good place to start. Then, take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment