Saturday, May 29, 2010

Daily Inspiration 5-29-10

"We sing because we're happy and happy because we sing."

-- Denis Waitley


Today was a spectacular day!

Everything about it was superb and a joy to experience it. I know, I used to hate people that talked that way (although, now that I think about it, I didn't really know any, just heard about them or saw them in a movie or something. . .). Yesterday I couldn't spell it and today I are one. Oh well, deal with it!

The day started off by my partner forgetting our appointment with a prospect, so I went myself and ended up making a sale early in the morning. It was a very quick presentation and sale. I was in and out in twenty five minutes with a check in hand. But that wasn't it. Then, I went to another meeting and I was 40 minutes early so I sipped a latte, ate a blueberry oat bar and looked at stuff in my computer at Starbuck's (such a luxury. . . I love it). Then the meeting with an associate I haven't seen in a while. I really like him and we just had a great time telling each other what we're doing now and getting excited about what we're doing, how we are helping clients in many ways and it was a great deal of fun. But that wasn't it.

Mid-day I packaged and shipped some products, caught up on email and saw my business partner. But that wasn't it. Then I had another meeting this afternoon and that went very well and was a great idea to have that meeting and make that commitment, but that wasn't it. Then I went to a client's wine tasting event and met a vineyard owner who really needs a good website and I delighted in meeting and talking with him and enjoying his unique wines and I felt strongly about wanting to help them with their marketing since they are trying to do it all themselves. I enjoyed interacting with all the people at the event too. And that wasn't it, either.

So I came home and watched a movie (It's Complicated with Meryl Streep) with my family and parts of it were so funny, I couldn't catch my breath, but that wasn't it. Now, I sit and write about this awesome day and that isn't even it.

No, these wonderful events weren't what made me so happy and joyous today, they were the benefits of my happiness and joy which started when I got up this morning. And, the very satisfying and interesting thing about that is that my day got more and more joyous as the day went on until coming home after the wine tasting event, I felt overwhelmed almost with joy driving home--the kind of joy where you just want to shout it from the mountain top so everyone can hear it. And, the smile is on my face yet at the end of this glorious day.

Do we sing because we are happy? Or, are we happy because we sing?

You know. . . I think it works both ways. One of the very few things that does.


"Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Spread Some Joy Today--Have a good time whatever you are doing. We all make big hairy deals about way too many things. Don't worry. Be happy. There's only one person who can give me happiness. Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment