Monday, May 24, 2010

Daily Inspiration 5-24-10

"There's no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love.
There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen."

-- Wayne Dyer


Of the things that I hear people talk about often, it is that they do not like their job, or they wish they had enough money so they could quit, or they long for a job that they would love, but _______. There is almost always something after the but. And, of course, their but is their problem. It's like saying, 'I love you, but _________. That doesn't work for either party, does it? How about, 'you look nice, but _______.' Or, I would love my job, but _________. These are all immediate contradictions, aren't they?

They are also all deciding to not decide and therein by default, the decision is made to maintain the status quo.

What is interesting to me is that this thing about doing what you love (or anything else for that matter) is as easy as deciding that you want it and that you will have it. The part that you must let go of is how that will happen. 'What is my job, how is God's job,' or so the sign on my wall reads. It is so, so true. Why?

Think about what you control and what you don't control. When you try to control things that you don't control, frustration is the result. Yet, if you focus on what you can control and let go of the rest of it and trust that it will all work out, it will happen.

I had always wanted to work from home and create my own schedule. That was never going to happen in the job I was in, and I know I wanted it, but I was clueless about how it could happen, so it was just a dream. Then an opportunity happened abruptly. I got fired and it was the happiest day of my life because it was such a relief after months of frustration at work. So, I decided to decide this time. Instead of just going right out and getting another job, I took some time off and let go of all the how, when, where, and who. It wasn't long, then the job came to me that would allow me to work out of my home and create my own schedule making more than I was making before--and best of all--loving it.

For me, it was the abrupt end of something I had done for 25 years, that shook me with an opportunity to change. It need not be abrupt like that because all it really takes is deciding to decide on what you want, then focusing on the what and the why and forgetting the how, when, where and who. My sign reminds me of who's job is who's: 'What is MY job. How is God's job.'

It's always easier than we think, isn't it?


God Gave Me The Power Of What and Why, And If I Really Want To, He Will Let Me Mess With How, When, Where And Who All I Want Until I Realize That I'm Trying So Hard To Do His Job. Whew! What A Relief That Realization Is!

Spread Some Joy Today--Let go and let God. He's in your corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment