Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Daily Inspiration 5-5-10

"If you believe in what you are doing,
then let nothing hold you up in your work.
Much of the best work of the world has been
done against seeming impossibilities.
The thing is to get the work done."

-- Dale Carnegie


"Often the difference between a successful man
and a failure is not one's better abilities or ideas,
but the courage that one has to bet on his ideas,
to take a calculated risk, and to act."

-- Dr. Maxwell Maltz


"Whatever you can do or dream, begin it."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Geoethe


I've heard some people state that they had a dream to do a certain thing, that they love doing it and wish they could do it for a living, but. . . I've heard someone who does hair and is good at it and she loves to do it say that she would love to have her own shop, and I say why the heck not? And, she says, but. . . I've heard a young man who just graduated college say that he wants to be a teacher in this certain subject where there is a need, and I suggest then that he open his opportunities dramatically by expanding geographically, and I gave him a list of ideas, and he says, but. . .

The fact is that I have talked with a good number of folks who give me a list of excuses, reasons, rebuttals, and challenges against THEIR OWN DREAM. Isn't that interesting?

I understand what it is. We want, but we don't believe we deserve it, or we don't believe we are smart enough, or we don't have enough money, or we don't know this or that or the other, or we aren't skilled enough, and this list goes on and on and on and on. Excuses for not acting--all of them. It is simply fear. They are afraid they don't know enough, will fail, will be laughed at, or whatever. It is just fear.

Know what changes fear? Facing it, and acting on what you are afraid of in spite of the fear. You knew I was going to say that, didn't you? You see, I know this because I have been these people who make excuses and have fear and failed to act.

The good news is that this can change. Before you face the fear and act in spite of it, the thing that will make this easy is expanding your desire and belief. When you want something really bad, you will find a way to get it. It is a given. You learned it as a baby. Persistence comes from strong desire.

Next is belief. Believing in yourself is a key ingredient and after building a strong desire, affirmations about yourself can be extremely helpful. Say, 'I deserve this, I want this, and I will have this!' Say, 'I am strong. I face my fear and it runs away like a scared little critter!' Say, 'My confidence in my abilities is unmistakable and contagious!' Then make up your own. Carry them with you and say them many times during the day, and over time, they will become you.

I think it's time you become the genius rock star you really are! Whip up your desire to a peak, build your self-esteem and belief by taking charge of your mind, and then ACT. Like they say in the movies, 'Ready, Set, ACTION!'


I Accept Responsibility For My Own Dreams.

Spread Some Joy Today--Facing my fears and building my own self-worth and acting on my desires and dreams is so contagious and empowering to others! What a great way to spread some joy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment