Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Daily Inspiration 12-9-09

"Everything is something you decide to do,
and there is nothing you have to do."

-- Denis Waitley

My goodness! There is such power in that statement. There is freedom in that statement. There is peace in that statement. I think it is worth writing out of a banner and putting on our office walls, but phrase it in the present tense, like so: "I choose everything I do. There is nothing I have to do."

It is incredibly empowering to learn how to think this way. To take away all the silly little things that we make up about why we do things will be a huge blessing. Even the simple, everyday events will change color. For example, rather than saying, "I have to go to work today," say instead, "I choose to go to work today." What a difference between those two statements. It is like night and day.

How about, "I hate paying so much in taxes." Change that to, "I choose to pay these taxes and be grateful for the benefits I receive throughout the year." You could even have some serious fun with this change in thinking, by kicking it up several notches, to, "I love paying these taxes. I love all the benefits that I receive that I only pay a tiny fraction of and I get the full benefit of!" Yo! It might change your life!

How about this: "I love getting up early and I am choosing to have one of the best days of my life today. I don't know why really, but I just feel it in my bones this morning. I am going to rock out and feel the music today!" So much better than, "man, I hate going to work. I can't wait until I can retire and be done with all that. I just want to kick back and take it easy. I've been working all my life and I'm ready to relax." Some people are really dead, but just haven't fallen over yet. How about some living! Some enthusiasm! Some fun! Lots of Joy!

It's all good. I don't want to get you too excited. You might start a new Facebook or Wal Mart or something. Be rich and famous and drive a car that cost what you earned in your previous entire life. Be cool. It's okay. You go on and mellow out and get ready for retirement. Gotta supplement that Social Security you know. Sixty-Five and all that.

Are you crazy??? No way!! Let's rock on right through the end! With gusto and bravado and silliness and excitement.

Dang. Ain't it exciting that you get to choose?? So cool.


I Decide. I Am In Charge. The Buck Starts Here!

Spread Some Joy Today--Totally feel the excitement of having 100% power of decision in everything you do. It's a responsibility you've been waiting for!

No comments:

Post a Comment