Friday, December 25, 2009

Daily Inspiration 12-25-09

Jim Rohn Week

To honor the passing of Jim Rohn on December 5th, 2009, I will be sharing some of my favorite quotes throughout the week. Jim Rohn was a powerful influence in my thinking beginning with my introduction to his teaching in early 1981. See more about Jim Rohn at http://www.jimrohn.com/.

-------------------

"There is no better opportunity to receive more than to be thankful for what you already have. Thanksgiving opens up the windows of opportunity for ideas to flow your way."

"Asking is the beginning of receiving. Make sure you don't go to the ocean with a teaspoon. At least take a bucket so the kids won't laugh at you."

"One good customer well taken care of could be more valuable than $10,000 worth of advertising."

"It is our philosophical set of the sail that determines the course of our lives. To change our current direction, we have to change our philosophy not our circumstances."

"The best motivation is self-motivation. The guy says, "I wish someone would come by and turn me on." What if they don't show up? You've got to have a better plan for your life."

-- Jim Rohn (1930-2009)


I am so thankful for Jim Rohn and all that he left for us that will benefit millions for many years to come. He has left a very powerful legacy.

"It is our philosophical set of the sail. . ." This quote sums up Jim Rohn as good as any could. He was a philosopher. The interesting thing that I've learned over the years is that it is our thinking that causes and creates. It all starts and ends there. So what he says is so true. It is also the way that change becomes permanent. When you understand what you do and why and what you can do to change and keep the change, it will always be philosophical, or your thinking and consequent beliefs. It is not a means to an end as much as a life long study that gets better with age and accumulation.

One of my favorite books by Jim Rohn is Leading An Inspired Life. I can also highly recommend another favorite of mine, The Seasons Of Life. Both are available in softcover for a few bucks. Both of these are so inspiring and uplifting and that is what Jim Rohn does so well.

Of all that I have heard from Jim Rohn, one idea stands out above all others. I don't remember what tape set it was, but I'm thinking it was Take Charge of Your Life. He said something like this: "There's two ways to have the tallest building: One is to become known as a builder and the other is to be known as a destroyer by tearing everyone else's building down. You might tear a few down, and then they'll be out on the street saying, 'I've heard of you!'"

That thought has really helped me beyond measure to stop messing with other people's lives or how I think they should be and concentrate on being the best I can be. But, it is even better than this. It has really helped me see that there is really no such thing as competition. If there is no competition, there is no need to worry about what others are doing.

Another so powerful idea that I have totally accepted is being self-motivated. What if no one shows up is right. That's a big problem. When I accept the challenge myself, I am empowered to live fully. I can't succeed alone. I need other people and other people's ideas, but I cannot wait for them to move me to action, or even to fill me with knowledge or skill. I rely on myself for all of that. Thank goodness.

Being grateful is a piece of magic. There is nothing so powerful as gratitude and it costs nothing, yet pays so well. The best thing is how it multiplies and expands without any coaxing. The more it is practiced, the more it expands. There is an unending supply of it to give away and unending joy in return. What a gift for this Christmas day.

Thank you! I appreciate you!


I Am So Thankful For Every Little Thing!

Spread Some Joy Today--See how many times you can show gratitude to someone today. Count all of your blessings and watch them grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment