Monday, December 21, 2009

Daily Inspiration 12-21-09

Jim Rohn Week

To honor the passing of Jim Rohn on December 5th, 2009, I will be sharing some of my favorite quotes throughout the week. Jim Rohn was a powerful influence in my thinking beginning with my introduction to his teaching in early 1981. See more about Jim Rohn at www.jimrohn.com.

--------------------------------

"It isn't what the book costs; it's what it will cost if you don't read it."

"Miss a meal if you have to, but don't miss a book."

"Most homes valued at over $750,000 have a library.
That should tell us something."

"Formal education will make you a living;
self-education will make you a fortune."

-- Jim Rohn (1930-2009)

My real learning began by reading books starting at age 22. When I was first heard a Jim Rohn tape at age 30, he kicked that desire for knowledge up dramatically. His words from tapes and his books are with me today so much that he is a part of me. My actions on those words haven't always been focused, but his wisdom and guidance remain faithful. The rest has always been up to me.

One of the powerful things Jim taught me was to read well, create my own library and to be self-eductated. This I have done. Prior to starting a book business in 2004, I had about 2,000 books in my personal library (I recommend you don't move very often. . .). Adding the cost of that is a sizeable number; however, they were acquired over a long period of time, and besides, the value is hundreds of times the cost anyway!

Share them. I have given away several hundred over the years to special people I wanted to encourage. What goes around, comes around. I've been blessed, so I pass it on in many ways.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to build a great library of books that move you and instruct you and inspire you. 100 would be a good number. I have a partial list to get you started on our blog: http://commercialtrucksuccess.blogspot.com on the right side.


I Don't Need A Library Card. I Have My Own Library!

Spread Some Joy Today--Share a great book with someone. It will be a great joy for you afterward. A cheap thrill and a lasting benefit. Way cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment