Thursday, October 3, 2019

Daily Inspiration 10-3-19

"When one door of happiness closes, 
another opens; but often we look so long 
at the closed door that we do not see 
the one which has been opened for us." 

-- Helen Keller 




New: Audio version

[Classic post from 5-6-15]

I've been thinking lately about how I have a tendency to continue to focus on what is not right or what is happening that I do not want or do not like when I have learned better. The only value of spending any amount of time on what I do not want or do not like is that it caused me to learn what I do want and do like. If I am paying attention to my feelings, I would be noticing negative emotion as I focus on that closed door, when I could be experiencing positive emotion by turning and focusing on the newly opened door, or in the direction of what I want. Sometimes I need a kick in the pants.

I have decided some time ago to be a deliberate creator rather than taking what is, but I am not always paying attention to how I feel and so not focusing on where it benefits me. Abraham, Esther Hicks has some great points here: "By deliberately directing your thoughts--rather than merely observing what is happening around you--you will begin to change the vibrational patterns to which the Law of Attraction is responding. . . "

"You would not likely see a sculptor throwing his large wad of clay down onto his worktable exclaiming, "Oh, it didn't turn out right!" He knows that he must put his hands into his clay and work with it to mold it so that the vision in his mind matches the clay on his table. The variety of your life experience gives you the clay from which you will mold your life experience, and merely observing it as it is, without getting ahold of it and deliberately molding it to match your desires, is not satisfying. . . We want you to understand that your "clay," no matter how it may look right now, is moldable. No exceptions."

Rather than paying attention to "what is" as I look at this unwanted closed door, I forget that all I need do is turn and see the other opportunities to mold my clay anew. As I then focus on what I do want, I am creating with deliberate intent. The value of the closed door is that I have learned what I do not want and do not like. That is valuable information, or it is crippling. It just depends on whether I'm paying attention, and then turn and focus anew.


What's Wrong With This Silly Door? Is The Latch Broken? Oh. . . The Open Door Moved Over Here. . . I Get It! 

Spread Some Joy Today--by enjoying your day. It is an important day!

No comments:

Post a Comment