Friday, October 25, 2019

Daily Inspiration 10-25-19

"Turn your face to the sun, 
and the shadows fall behind you." 

-- Maori proverb 





New: Audio version

[Classic post from 6-3-15]

I go to the bank quite often because our income arrives throughout the month, and one of the ladies is asking me what I'm doing for the weekend. "Anything fun?" she asks. I say, "absolutely! I have fun all the time whatever I'm doing." She looks at me strangely, but not as strangely as she used to. "Oh, you're working, right?" I smile and say, "maybe some, maybe not." Obviously, we've had similar dialogues before.

That seems to frustrate them because they separate work and fun in different places and different times. Whatever day it is, I often say, "Happy Tuesday," etc. When I say, "Happy Wednesday," at least one replies, "Hump-day!" The first time I heard that I had to ask what it meant. T.G.I.F. I knew, but hump-day was new. It all means the same thing: I can't wait to get out of here and do what I want to do!

So, yesterday, I found this great quote by James A Michener, which works so well here:

"The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor, and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him, he's always doing both."


Yes! I Am. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by sharing a bit of love with someone else today.

No comments:

Post a Comment