Monday, October 28, 2019

Daily Inspiration 10-28-19

"Hope for the best 
and prepare for the worst." 

All we can do is 
be prepared for the worst." 

-- All too common phrases 



New: Audio version

[Classic post from 6-6-15]

What does hope mean to you? I think hope is a position of neutrality. In other words, I am hoping that this will happen, but at the same time, I know that it may not. It is tantamount to wishing, and if I remember my childhood teaching, wishes are for fishes. I never did understand that, except that maybe fishes was another word for a loser. Fishes is so much softer sounding.

So, I hope for the best. Hmmm. I would like this to happen, and at the same time, I think that it may not happen. In the case of the above common phrases, it would be more like, I am hoping for the best, and even though at the same time I think it may not, I will focus on the may not and prepare for that event while I ignore my hope. This hoping for the best and preparing for the worst is a terrible phrase to give much thought to. It takes us in a negative direction. Preparing for the worst is focusing on the problem. Whatever we focus on, we get.



Preparing for the worst is, in fact, inviting the worst. Why would I do that? The Law of Attraction says "we get what we think about whether we want it or not." If we're preparing for the worst, we are focusing on the worst so that we can somehow prepare. Prepare how? Preparing to accept the worst? Preparing to appreciate the worst? Preparing to isolate and analyze the worst? What would all of that really be about? It would be about spending our thoughts and energy on what we do not want, forsaking what we do want. That's a whole bunch of unhappiness.

Then people say that failing to prepare for the worst is preparing to fail. I say it is the opposite. Failing to prepare for the worst is a good thing. Who wants to prepare for the worst, what we do not want rather than what we do want, focus on the problem rather than the solution? More silliness.



We forget who and what we are. We are life-force. We are Energy. We are eternal Energy, we are pure positive Energy. We have more power than we may ever know in these soft and squishy bodies. We are meant to succeed. Well-Being is our natural state. All too often we allow our ego to rule. Ego has its place, and yet it does its best to invade and conquer all. As we remember that we are Energy, and realize that we are in total control of our lives, our ego, our situations, we can reclaim our power and rule our own world as we see fit.

How about forgetting about hope entirely. How about preparing not only for the best but the spectacular? How about putting a dent in the universe? How about rocking the world? How about exceeding your own vision of what could be for you?

Let us choose some new words to use: Stupendous. Superb. Ecstatic. Magnificent. Glorious. Earth-Shaking, Grandiose. Sublime. Brilliant. Glittering. Breathtaking. Marvelous. Mind-blowing. Phenomenal. Stunning. Use these words at the end of the phrases, I'm preparing for _________! I am expecting to be ________! I anticipate that I will ___________!


I Am Preparing To Be Astonished At The Results Of My Thoughts And Efforts. I'm In Charge Of How This Turns Out. I Want My Results To Exceed My Anticipation! 

Spread Some Joy Today--by deciding to be a joy spreader! Go ye and spread joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment