Sunday, October 20, 2019

Daily Inspiration 10-20-19

"The world we have created 
is a product of our thinking; 
it cannot be changed 
without changing our thinking." 

-- Albert Einstein 




New: Audio version

[Classic post from 5-28-15]

I was wondering to myself, how often it has happened in my life where my habitual thinking, or thoughts has created more of what I want and less of what I don't want. Hmmm. I'm at a loss to find one.

It seems that any time that my life has changed for the better, I have changed my thoughts on the subject, and this caused me to make different decisions, whether out of desperation or out of desire. In fact, it seems that it really didn't matter what the need or desire was because whatever it was that caused the new thinking was good.

Then I thought when was the time that my so-called "instinctual reaction" benefited me in the situation that called it forth? I cannot remember one. This caused me to consider my anger, outrage, or unhappiness and whether they were beneficial to me in moving away from that place of this that I did not want toward that which I did want? I could not think of one.

It was then that I realized that Einstein had it down pat because I was trying to use my habitual thoughts and thinking to create a different reality, which is pretty much the definition of insanity according to Einstein, in that I do the same things, think the same thoughts and expect a different result.

This is the problem with losing weight and having it come right back, and all those other things where we use only our action to try to change, when it requires a thinking change first, then action has a chance. How many times have you seen people choose the same type of people in a relationship over an over again, or find the same kind of bosses at the next job and so on? It's because we take ourselves wherever we go.

We simply must change our thoughts, our thinking, to be able to make a meaningful change.

It is easy to do this when we realize that we have been dealing with fear more than anything else. By finding anything to be grateful for, this helps us to see another thing that we can be thankful for, which leads us to someone to appreciate, and as we go with that flow and focus there for a while, our thoughts and thinking have changed. Fear is our ego and our habitual thought, and the only remedy that I have ever found that actually works is gratitude, or finding things and people to appreciate. 

Basically, there are only two emotions: feeling good and not feeling good. Or, we could say. love and fear. Gratitude is the key to the new thoughts and gratitude is focused on love and away from fear. 

So, what I've found true for me. What it has all come down to for me to change my thinking is incredibly simple. I just find things to appreciate. It doesn't even matter what. When I find one thing, another comes quickly, then another and another until I am pointed in a whole new direction with dramatically different results too.


Long-Term Better Results Requires Better Thoughts, Thinking Differently. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by choosing joyful thoughts through appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment