Thursday, October 17, 2019

Daily Inspiration 10-17-19

"The truth is nice. . . 
but a rumor is priceless!"

-- From the character 
played by Johnny Depp 
in the film, Mortdecai 




New: Audio version

[Classic post from 5-22-15]

I watched the movie, Mortdecai, a few nights ago and the quote above so lit me up that I had to stop the movie and write it down. What a perfect idea. And, of course, it is true in so many ways. . .

It also caused me to remember a passage from Abraham, Esther Hicks from their book, Money, and the Law of Attraction:

"Perhaps the strongest resistance that people have to beginning to tell a different story about their own life is their belief that they should "tell it like it is." But when you understand that the Law of Attraction is responding to you while you are telling your story of "how it is"--and therefore is perpetuating more of whatever story you are telling--you may decide that it really is in your best interest to tell a different story, a story that more closely matches what you would now like to live. When you acknowledge what you do not want, and then ask yourself, "What is it that I do want?" you begin a gradual shift into the telling of your new story and into a much-improved point of attraction. 

It is always helpful to remember that you get the essence of what you think about--whether you want it or not--because the Law of Attraction is unerringly consistent. Therefore, you are never only telling the story of "how it is now." You are also telling the story of the future experience that you are creating right now." 

When I'm concerned about money, meaning that I don't have enough for what I need to get done, I am focusing on lack. If I tell it like it is, and especially telling myself the way it is in my head quietly, I am focused on lack and discussing or strengthening that position of lack. If I am ever to escape this repetitive lackful thinking, I must tell a different story to myself.

The way they explain how to pivot and change perspective is that if there were four or five things that are not the way we want, and one that is, then the object would be to give that one thing that is working all of our attention. In other words, if we are thinking lackful thoughts whether it be about money, health or a relationship, find what IS working; what feels good; what is going well; and then focus on that; talk about that; think about that, and just let go of all the rest.

In so doing, I am in a new and better point of attraction, and also feeling better. When we tell it like it is, and what is now in our experience is not to our liking, we are not feeling good. That is a perfect wake-up call to pivot and focus on what is good. And, there is always something, however small, that is working or good to focus on.


The Truth Is Not All It's Cranked Up To Be. Become A Better Story Teller! 

Spread Some Joy Today--by telling your new stories throughout your day. The joy you feel will be flowing out of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment