Sunday, October 13, 2019

Daily Inspiration 10-13-19

"If you have identified yourself 
as a spiritual seeker, 
re-identify yourself 
as a spiritual finder, 
and all the love 
you ever wanted 
will be yours." 

-- Alan Cohen 




New: Audio version

[Classic post from 5-17-15]

D. H. Lawrence said, "Those who go searching for love only find their own lovelessness. But the loveless never find love; only the loving find love, and they never have to search for it." My favorite line in this great quote is, "only the loving find love." That part of the quote leaped off the page at me. It spoke to me that virtually everything we might want, we need to first give. What I mean by that is give the feeling of, feel the believing of, and enjoying the being of whatever that is. If I wanted to have love, I allow myself to love, and I practice loving, and I become a lover, then I will have more love than I imagined was even available.

If I wanted to be wealthy, I allow myself to be wealthy, I practice being wealthy, and I become someone who is wealthy. I am wealthy. I am in wealth. I become wealthy by the giving of my wealth, just as I love in the giving of my love. I am loving. I am love. I become spiritual by giving or sharing my spirituality, living my spirituality, expressing that spirit that is within me. I become healthy by allowing my health, living my health, being in health. I am healthy. I am health.

We are the only ones who hold ourselves away from whatever it is that we want. Merely stating it isn't enough. Merely wanting it is not enough. Wishing and hoping is not enough. Believing is enough. Becoming is enough. Being is enough. I am enough.

In another Wisdom for Today from Alan Cohen, and easily one of the more profound to me of those I received, he added, "Buddha said that all suffering is based on the belief that there is something outside you that you need to get to be happy. Healing or enlightenment (becoming the Buddha) is based on the belief that there is something inside you that can make you perfectly happy as you discover and claim it."

It is already within each of us. Anyone from the outside could only help us to remember our own inner wealth, beauty and spirit. We are not a hole that needs to be filled because within us we are already whole.

As Abraham, Esther Hicks has said so often, "you will know it by how you feel. If you are feeling bad or less than, this is only an indication of the direction you are facing. At this point, you may choose to pivot and look upon a different view that feels better, and then by practicing better and better feelings, you are there, and so in this way, you can get to wherever you want to be from where you are."

I like how Anthony Robbins said it too: "What we can or cannot do, what we consider possible or impossible, is rarely a function of our true capability. It is more likely a function of our beliefs about who we are."

There is a world of difference between seeking and finding. . . and we are in control.


Become A Seeker Or A Finder? Hmmm. Finder! 

Spread Some Joy Today--by sharing those things that you have become; that is within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment