Saturday, October 26, 2019

Daily Inspiration 10-26-19

"The only thing more important
than your to-do list is your to-be list. 
The only thing more important 
than your to-be list is to be." 

-- Alan Cohen 



New: Audio version

[Classic post from 6-4-15]

Yesterday, I talked about going to the bank and conversations and attitudes toward work and play--or better, what they want to do versus what they have to do and how they cannot wait until they can cease doing what they have to do so they can do what they want to do, or at least not be doing what they have to do regardless of whether what they do when they are not working is play or fun or something else. Whew!

One of the things those bank tellers told me a short time ago is that I'm one of their favorite customers. I asked why. They said it was because I never complain, have no issues waiting in line from time to time, always seem happy, and always have nice things to say. They said that some of those other customers are not happy people.

I think people just forget to be. They get all hot to trot about this and that and that and this and the clock and how long this is taking and they want to be doing what they want to be doing rather than standing in this line, or having this mistake they have to fix, or whatever. I've talked about this before and how silly it is to watch it from where I am in my world these days.


Today, I had two people at separate times and locations get on my tail while I was driving. I could see in the rearview mirror how impatient they seemed. I always smile because it's all a bunch of silliness. Yet, whenever I see it, and they continue in their displeasure, I pull over, sometimes even to a full stop and let them and all the others behind them move along unencumbered. Far be it for me to slow the important affairs of the world. It also happens more than not that all they did was beat me to the next stoplight.

To be or not to be. That is the question. To be what? Impatient? Uncaring? Angry? Upset? Insulted? Victimized? Stressed? Unhappy? Lacking? Upsetting? I wonder if that works for them. Maybe there is some kind of payoff in it for them.

How about being happy! Patient. Kind. Thoughtful. Caring. Pleasant. Calm. Confident. At peace. Joyous. Abundant. Loving. Inspiring. Uplifting.


The Last Paragraph Is Me Now. I Guarantee It Is Way Better Than The Other. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by demonstrating your calm good nature. You won't ever have to point it out. People will see it. And appreciate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment