Monday, August 31, 2015

Daily Inspiration 8-31-15

"You can never change the past 
nor control the future, 
but you can change 
 the mood of the day 
by touching someone's heart 
with your smile."

-- Terry Minion 



I dislike quotes from "unknown." Of the tens of thousands of quotes I have in my files, only a small percentage are from unknown and I never have used them. Who the heck is unknown? Is it a man or a woman? Animal or vegetable? Mineral? Does it fly? Walk? Who is that entity "unknown?"

I don't recall ever actually using a quote from "unknown." Some of them appear quite good, but who really cares if no one said it? How did it ever get recorded in the first place? Someone must have known "unknown," don't you think?

So, I made a decision this morning. Mornings are always good for clearer head decisions. The decision is that since I detest, ridicule, find disturbing, dislike, find ridiculous, quotes by no one worth mentioning, or at least no one who wants to accept responsibility for them, that I would take them for myself when I find one I like. I will step up to the plate and own them while unknown hides in the shadows.

The quote above has been commandeered, ripped, stolen from "unknown" and I have accepted responsibility for saying it. I have accepted responsibility for being "unknown" in this case. It seemed like the right thing to do. Next time you see a quote by "unknown," you will know who it was. It was me. I am "unknown." So, now you know. And. . .


You Can Quote Me On That. 

Spread Some Joy Today--go grab your claim to fame!

No comments:

Post a Comment