Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Daily Inspiration 8-25-15

"My happiness depends on me, 
so you're off the hook." 

-- Abraham, Esther Hicks 



This is one of the most appropriate things to learn, accept, and live that I can think of. It only took me a lifetime to get it and live it. Here's the whole quote: "Tell everyone you know: "My happiness depends on me, so you're off the hook." And then demonstrate it. Be happy, no matter what they're doing. Practice feeling good, no matter what. And before you know it, you will not give anyone else responsibility for the way you feel--and then, you'll love them all. Because the only reason you don't love them is because you're using them as your excuse to not feel good." 

Of course, that applies to those I am around the most, like spouses, coworkers, friends, neighbors, but, it applies equally to those on the other side of the planet who perhaps have different ways of doing things, different ideas, different lifestyles. It applies to the goings-on of the world too. Politics, silly laws, outdated methods, lifestyle choices, and the entire boatload of fearful thoughts.

My happiness depends on me, so they're off the hook. I choose to be happy or not, and I allow no other, nor circumstance, nor event, nor idea to interfere with my own desire to feel good.

What a great marriage vow. What a great partnership vow. What a great classroom vow. What a great congressional vow. What a great vow for all of humanity. I am responsible for my own happiness. I do not look to you to make me happy or not. I choose. I choose to enjoy you or not. When I choose to enjoy, my happiness is enhanced. When I choose not to enjoy, I take my happiness with me and allow you to your own affairs and your own thoughts.

I feel strongly about this. I choose my own happiness. That is why I am happy most of the time. It is because I have learned that the only way to be happy most of the time is to not require any other to give me happiness. Happiness is mine to give myself, and as I am happy, I attract happy people. As I am happy, I may lift a small burden from another for a moment or two. As I am happy, others may see that their happiness, just like mine, is dependent only on our own personal choice.


I Am Responsible For The Way I Feel. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by choosing to be happy yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment